Wednesday 24 March 2010

Update... Sorry I have been gone so long

Hi everyone!!
I am so sorry I have been gone for so long... I have been feeling a bit down and uninspired and actually not liking that much on the fashion front.
But I am back today to let you know a few products I have purchased in the last couple of days that I really really like and recommend you try!
The first product is a lipstick. I love lipstick (as you may have been able to tell from my previous hauls of makeup!!) and I am always on the lookout for a nude lipstick that doesn't wash out my rather sallow complexion and make me look like I have drawn over my lips with my concealer. The best news is... finally today I found one!!
The dream lipstick is from Rimmel and is called 'Nude Delight' from their Moisture Renew range. To be honest I have seen this colour before and not gone for it because it looks a bit peachy/browny in colour but I saw it today and was bored and thought it would be worth a shot. I picked it up for £5.99 and I have to say it was money well spent!! It is creamy, moisturising and the perfect colour for someone like me who has quite a yellowy/olive complexion. I absolutely love it. Ok, so its not the cute pinky nudes that all the lucky girls with pink undertoned skin can wear but if you want an understated nude lip and you have had trouble with being washed out, just give it a try!!
The next thing I want to recommend to you is an exfoliator. Truth be told I only bought this because I am fake tanning tonight and so needed to exfoliate first. So I was in Superdrug and bought the Garnier Bodytonic Sugar Scrub. I really love it. It smells really gorgeous and citrusy, you can feel it firming your skin as you apply it and it was only £3.49!! What a bargain!
Another thing I picked up today that I want to talk about is the St Moriz Fake Tanning Mousse. I heard that they were now selling it in Savers so I went into my local branch on the off chance and they had it!!! Yay!! It was £2.89 and I am trying it straight after I have posted this with a little help from my darling mother!!
One more thing I want to talk about is Savers. I don't know if you're like me but I never venture into this shop. But after going in there today to buy the St Moriz I will definitely be going more often. I also bought whilst in there the Aussie Miracle Moist Shampoo and Mega Instant Conditioner. They were both £1.99 which I thought was pretty good so I will be trying those as well although at the moment I'm pretty attached to my Herbal Essences Beautiful Ends shampoo and conditioner so maybe I will do a comparison!!
Anyway, just wanted to come on to say sorry and just to let you know that my lack of blogging has not been without want of trying it's just every time I go to look for things I want, I realise that at the moment I really do not want that much, clothing and fashion wise.
Another thing I was going to say was that I was thinking about starting Face of the Day and Outfit of the Day posts when I look half decent. Was just wondering whether you think this is a good idea or not and if you had any other sort of posts you would like me to do, or products you've heard of and would be interested in me reviewing (if I have the cash to buy them!!)
Enough of my rambling, thanks for following, commenting and being generally lovely!!
Frances xx

6 comments:

  1. hey
    I love the rimmel lipsticks! going to go check out this colour online now :)

    Savers is great for every day things like shampoo etc

    ReplyDelete
  2. hope you are feeling better soon. I have the aussie shampoo and conditioner i think its really nice :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I use the aussie shampoo it smells divine!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Frances

    I think the outfit/look of the day posts are a great idea.I love seeing how 'real people' style themselves, its really inspirational. I'd be interested to see you try something like that. I know what you mean about feeling uninspired. I'm not into the florals and frills look in all the shops as all, so I can post on anything fashion at the moment. But my bank managers happy!! Keep at it girl xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. i like your blog!!take care!!and keep it up!!!
    kisses from greece

    http://www.ffffashionmixxxx.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. hey- i noticed you'd subscribed to my old blog and am now following you - great blog! heres the link to my new blog, would love it if you could check it out :) I'll try my best to inspire you! http//:AllyourbeautyandGrace.blogspot.com

    take care x x

    ReplyDelete